CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Service Tree


We've had a little problem in our family, nothing major but I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to fix it. My kids don't like doing things unless they get some kind of reward. (let me assure you I do realize they are all young but you have to start somewhere.)
I recieved an FHE book that I had purchased from our 'Fabulous Friday' (Thank you Bonnie for bringing the book over!) and as I was scanning the pages I saw under the Christmas section a "service tree".
the idea is that the tree is un-decorated and to add ornaments on it you have to do something nice for someone else without them knowing, or being asked to do it. Audrey's example was , "Carson, if you see my shirt on the floor, you could put it away for me and then put an onament on the tree." - I'm glad she caught on quickly.
So today we hung up our "Service Tree" and even while I am posting this I hear Audrey helping Jordan put her cup in the sink.
(It's the little things that count for us)

No comments:

Post a Comment