CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

trying to be cool

So the other day we were talking about what we can do to be better helpers around the house (without being asked) and a bunch of things came up..

"practice piano without being asked"-Audrey, "be nice to my sisters"-Carson
 " pick up my bed"-Jordan

 and then the kids asked Trent and I what we were going to do....uhhh , my first thought "are you for REAL!  look around the house kid, what DON'T I ALREADY DO FOR YOU, you are breathing right? clean clothes on....food in your stomach....."  and then I stopped myself and said ,"we are going to do something 'cool' everyday, starting with setting up the tent and letting you all sleep in it for two nights.

Lucky for me the kids have super memories and so for the past few days we have been trying to do something cool everyday.

Monday for them went like this:

1.woke up in the tent,
2.mom made sausage, eggs and pancakes, (I told you I'm trying)
3.went to the Y to swim...not for swimming lessons, just for fun,
4.mom made picnic lunch and we went to find crabs at the beach, (mom brought a book- there are advantages...)
5.came home so the neighbor kids could come play and let their mom who just had a baby that morning(in her own bathtub) rest
6.mom took us all and the neighbor kids to a park,
7.mom made Audrey's favorite dinner,
8.went to sleep in the tent again.


Trent came home to the house pretty much a mess, four loads of laundry on the floor, dishwasher full of clean dishes, a sink full of dirty dishes and one mommy who didn't do any of her homework.






- I must say that it has been worth it., and now the kids ask every day, "what are we going to do today?" and are more willing to do their chores (hey, I'll take it as long as it lasts.)
- now I'm off to Costco with Jordan for some ice cream, the other two are with the neighbors at the childrens museum (she made her bed and picked up her toys and ate all her lunch.)


2 comments: